Excellence Network in Interactive Art (PLEIAS)
The Excellence Network in Interactive Art is an initiative of four university research laboratories in Greece and France, to expand their two-part cooperation on a European level. This initiative with the code name PLEIAS (Peering Laboratories in Europe for Interactive Art Synergies) organized its first meeting during the International Symposium on Electronic Art ISEA, in Constantinople, on 15th September 2011.
The main aims of the initiative are two:
- to create an extensive database on Interactive Art,
- to encourage collaboration among artists, curators and researchers on the creation of interactive artistic productions.
The laboratories participating in this initiative are the following:
- Laboratoire des Arts et Medias -LAM, UniversitéParis 1
- UniversitéParis 8
- LECAD, University of Thessaly
- Interactive Systems Design Lab, University of the Aegean
Collaboration and Design Network of Collaborative Practices
This collaboration Network includes the following university laboratories:
- The Laboratory of New Technologies in Communication, Education and the Mass Media of the Department of Communication and Mass Media of the National and Capodistrian University of Athens,
- The Learning Technology and Education Engineering Laboratory of the Department of Pre-school Education and Educational Design of the University of the Aegean,
- The Laboratory of Environmental Communication and Audiovisual Documentation of the Department of Architecture of the University of Thessaly,
- The Media Informatics Lab of the Journalism and Media Department of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
The cooperation of the four laboratories, taking into account the various convergences and confluences in the fields of the interdisciplinary, research and educational activity of the above mentioned labs, aims at the joint design of collaborative practices and synergies in the field where science, communication, education, new technologies and art interact.
More specifically, this cooperation aims at the following activities:
- the interdisciplinary research and study of whatever exists in the cross-section of interest of the four labs as well as the development of relative pieces of work and the creation of intellectual products,
- the joint undertaking and realization of research projects, funded by either Greek or International organizations,
- the development of educational programs and activities, the exchange of knowledge and experiences, the design and publishing of common interest publications,
- the joint organizing of various events and activities, such as conferences, lectures, seminars, convents, symposia as well as support initiatives for the production of collaborative works of art,
- the exchange of scientific personnel and students, as well as the cooperation in the supervision of diploma theses and projects.